You have probably heard of the sentence “Your thoughts become reality” and it’s true. Everything you have in your life right now is a result of a thought you once had. Whether it’s the apartment you live in, your relationships with other people, your job, your clothes, your routines, your hobbies.. YOU were the one who consciously chose these things, thought about and manifested them into your life.
To me, this is one of the most empowering facts – Life doesn’t happen to you, it happens for you and you’re the one who is in control of how you design it. I think people too often forget that it is your own choice how you want to spend your life.
If you feel like you’re living on autopilot and let life happen to you instead of consciously creating it, it’s time to take your power back. I wrote a little pep talk for you that you can come back to anytime you need to hear it:
You are not powerless. You’re much more powerful than you think.
You are not doomed to fail and your past, your losses and your mistakes don’t define you.
Everything lies in your own hands. You’re the person who is sitting in the driver’s seat and you choose the direction your life is going to take.
You’re not just good enough, you’re more than good enough and your dreams and goals just wait for you to raise your vibration and fully believe in them.
The universe always supports you and don’t ever let anyone tell you that you can’t achieve something.
Use it as motivation to prove them wrong. Create your future and happiness! There’s nothing you have to become. Everything you need is already inside of you, you just have to choose to let it flow freely into the world.
What are positive affirmations?
One of my favorite tools for creating positive thoughts and subsequently, a life I love are positive affirmations. I didn’t believe it at first but they are truly so powerful. But what exactly are they?
Affirmations are simple, short and powerful expressions. Simply put, everything that you repeatedly think or say to yourself out loud is an affirmation. Since we think about 60,000-80,000 thoughts a day, it’s important to choose empowering thoughts instead of letting your mind run on autopilot which tends to create lots of negative thoughts.
It’s so powerful to practice positive thinking with the help of positive affirmations. It’s like a muscle that builds up over time. I remember that up until a few years ago, I had much more negative thoughts (and they’re also important) but it becomes unhealthy when you let them get the upper hand.
How do I use positive affirmations?
When writing down affirmations or saying them out loud, the following things are important:
- Your affirmations should be mostly in the present tense. By writing them down in the present tense, it creates the feeling that these things are already in your life right now which makes it easier to manifest.
- When you write them down or say them out loud, it’s important that you do it proudly, with full conviction and that you attach positive emotions to them.
- Repeat them over and over again. I, for example, currently have 10 affirmations that I write down into my journal every single day. Over time, you believe them more and more and they become one with your inner voice – and a positive inner voice is what we really need
- Be full of gratitude while practicing your affirmation – Be as grateful as if you had already manifested everything you want into your reality
Now I’m going to share 20 affirmations that will help you have a happier day. Whenever I feel down, unmotivated or doubtful, I repeat positive affirmations in my head, write them down or say them out loud. It only takes a couple of minutes but already puts you in a much more positive state of mind. Enjoy! x
20 Affirmations for a Happier Day
1. My heart is always open and I radiate love
2. I choose to be happy and grateful today
3. My dreams are coming true
4. I have everything I need to be happy right now
5. I choose to see the beauty in everything
6. The universe is supporting me in everything I do
7. Happiness flows through me constantly
8. My future is full of love, light and laughter
9. There are amazing things in my life; no matter how small they seem, they are siginificant
10. I am at peace with my past
11. I deserve to be happy, healthy and successful
12. I don’t need to live life in a way that will impress others. I need to live my life in a way that will keep me happy
13. I’m accomplishing all of my dreams. I’m thinking, speaking and working them into existence
14. I am a radiant and joyous person
15. The only person I want to be is a better version of myself
16. I’m open to amazing opportunities today
17. I am worthy of being loved, happy and doing what brings me joy
18. Nothing can dim my light that shines from within
19. I have everything I need in order to succeed
20. Ideas come to me revealing a channel for peace and prosperity
You might also like: How To Love Yourself Unconditionally
I hope this list gave you some inspiration for empowering and positive affirmations that you can use for a happier day. It’s most effective when you write them down and/or say them out loud in the morning when you start your day. For me, they have become part of my journaling routine.
I am sending you so much love,